Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Good Omen

We are in the final coutdown. We leave in 3 days! It has been a very busy week shopping and packing for our trip. Everytime I think we have everything we need, I think of something else. We are really looking forward to when the packing is done and we are on the plane enroute to Kiev.

I wanted to share this story before we leave. When we first received our appointment date of June 12, my husband Dan and I looked at the date as a good omen because our daughter Sydney was born on the 12th and Dan and I started dating on the 12th, so it appeared that the number "12" was a very good number for us. Over the last few months since we received our appointment date, I have always looked to that "good omen" when I started to get nervous or scared about what lies ahead. Last weekend, we were rearranging beds and furniture between Sydney's bedroom and our child-to-be's bedroom. When Sydney turned 7, we redid her bedroom which included a bench with baskets underneath for her clothes. This bench will now be in our new child's bedroom. Dan and his friend built the bench and signed/dated it on the day it was finished. When we took the seat off of the bench to move it, Sydney noticed the date first... June 12, 2004! We now know the 12th is a very lucky and significant date in our family.

Goodbye for now!. I will post again once we are in Kiev.

5 comments:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Good luck, and safe travels!

Unknown said...

Good luck Lorrie... we're all wishing you the best.

Kathy and Matt said...

I can so vividly recall the feelings I had with just a few days left before departing!

We'll be praying for you and will follow your journey.

Wishing you all the best! Safe travels.

leean said...

Best of luck, we're thinking of you often. L&D

Shawn and Megan Mitchell said...

Hello from PEI! My husband and I are awaiting our dossier submission to adopt from Ukraine. I love the number story, it shows me I am not losing my mind- our number is 11, whatever that means:)
I am so excited to follow a Canadian family's adventures in Ukraine again, your blog is the first Canadian one I have found in almost a year! Hopefully our turn will come up in the next year or so. Praying for your adventures!
Megan